Thursday, January 1, 2009

All I can say is Wow!

I can't believe I am doing this. Each place we go to is even more beautiful then the next. I feel very blessed that I can do this trip with my friends. It would only be better if Ron and the kids were with me. I know Ron would love it. I do have to admit that the kids are probably a little too young to really enjoy and remember it.

So Maori day was wonderful. We did a museum tour first, went back to the room and then went to the feast night. As part of the museum tour we got to see the geyser. It was really cool. I think it was one of the best parts for me. Yes, I think I love the Geyser and the hot mud pools. It may sound weird but the nature Amazed me. I was in awe! You could feel the heat from the geyser just going near it. You could see the mud bubbling! What was interesting was seeing a cold stream running right next to the hot geyser and the vegetation living right next to the mud pit and the geyser. COOL! How does that happen? All I can say is Wow!

As for the bus ride and the "Imagine This" Hypothetical song that Brad wrote about earlier . . . I don't want to talk about it. I want to pretend it never happened. Can we leave it at that!

Today was a good day. We are in Napier now and it is even more beautiful than Rotorua. Our hotel is across the street from the beach. As I write this I can look out on the Pacific and hear the ocean waves. All I can say is Wow! One interesting thing about this beach is that there is no sand. It is all little tiny black pebbles and rocks with white sea shell pieces scattered in. Zach and I found several pieces of sea glass in 3 different colors mixed into the rock.

Tomorrow Ann Marie and I are going to go on a run next to the ocean. They have a running/walking path that follows the ocean for a few miles. I'm pretty excited about it. After that we have a walking tour of the city, followed by wine tasting.

I miss ALL of you and I hope you had a very Happy New Year.

PS - Costco Travel is awesome. Things have been going so well. I will definitely use them again for trips!

2 comments:

  1. Kate, stay away from the Maori men. A run on the beach in the southern hemisphere would be cool. I'm not sure what song I would sing. It would probably have to be the chorus of a song since I usually can't remember all the words to any song.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year-
    If any of the AZ2NZers see this- please have Jennifer check her e-mail asap.
    Nothing bad- just time-sensitive.
    Thanks!
    -Priscilla

    ReplyDelete