Friday, January 9, 2009

Lord of the Rings

I only have a couple minutes but I wanted to give you a quick update. Today we went on the LOTR Tour and it was awesome. We were in a 4WD vehicle and got to see some romote locations. Awesome. At one point I was almost moved to tears. Maybe I'm just tired but I was moved by the beauty of what I was seeing. I have to bring my family back. I am already mapping out the locations in my head.

A fun point in the trip was when we were panning for gold. Helen was really into it. She found a fleck of gold loved it. She carefully wrapped it up in a kleenex to bring home. The whole rest of the trip she was asking about gold. Pretty cute.

The Downes and Rosier/Giff were split up for the tour today. We went in opposite directions. Sounds like theirs was good too.

Tomorrow is our last tour (Boat ride to a farm) and then we have a long trip home the next day. I think we will be travelling almost 24 hours until we get back to Phoenix. I have a couple good books lined up. So far I think I have read 5!

1 comment:

  1. Kate,

    Thank you very much for the nice thank you card for my generous year end donation to ILP. One question - how did you get an Arizona postmark on it when you are in New Zealand?

    Peter

    ReplyDelete