Thursday, January 8, 2009

wine and roses

Well this is the last stop on our marathon journey through New Zealand. It has been relaxing, fun and incredibly beautiful and comfortable. Lots of wine, lamb and mussels and sun screen. The weather is comfortable but the sun is intense if you are directly in it for very long. Also the plants are bigger down here--amazing roses that are abundant and fragrant and with larger blooms than I can grow in my back yard, the fig tree are huge, and lavendar is everywhere! We went to a garden today over the lake that had flowers and plants galore. It seemed unreal because it was a place that was out of fairy tale. Tomorrow we go on the Lord of the Rings tour so I know there will be more unbelievable sites ahead.

I am on the fourth book of the Twighlight series and am dying to speak about the story but Kate, Mic and Ann won't let me since they are still on books 2, 3, and 1 respectively. Only Zach wants to hear about what happens because he has his own ideas about vampires. He read the last page.

Jet boating in the morning and more touring in the afternoon. This afternoon I went on the luge that Mom and Dad went on when they were here. I have the same pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment