Thursday, January 1, 2009

Spa Day and old Maori boyfriends

So I opted to go to the hot mineral water spa rather than attend the cultural Maori experience. You may think I am shallow but this is my vacation! Well, I went to the spa that was advertised to be one of the top ten spas in the world from 2004 to 2007. Although it was nice it did not live up to the AZ spa standard set by Aji or Desert Ridge. Yes, there were natural hot mineral hot tubs along Rotorura's lake (along with an occasional whiff of the natural sulfur smell) and I did have a water jet spa treatment and facial, but the lack of regular spa ameneties--spa shoes, lounge chairs, food and beverage service, and no girlfriends to talk with (they went to the Maori experience) left me not as relaxed as I would have hoped.

I did attend the Maori dinner on New Year's eve and that was great. Hightlight of the night was when Kate said she saw her old Maori boyfriend as one of the performers--however I guess I misunderstood her because she later said he looked like her old boyfriend. She likes them tall and muscular. Ron?!

And the hypothetical question about what song to sing if you were put on the spot to sing something that respresents you and your country has caused quite a bit of discusison among our group--interesting to hear what the comments may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment